BMW 2 Series Active Tourer gets 5 Star Safety Rating from Euro NCAP - BMW 2 Series Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JamesWL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
BMW 2 Series Active Tourer gets 5 Star Safety Rating from Euro NCAP

The Euro NCAP recently gave the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer a five star safety rating. That is the same score given to the Tesla Model S.

BMW put a lot of emphasis on the child and adult occupant safety categories, and it managed to get a 85% and 84% score on each respectively. The 2-Series scored a 60% for pedestrian safety and a 70% for safety assist as well.

From watching the crash test video I can say that the cabin really seems to hold up well when in a crash, and that's the most important thing.

As far as points where the 2-Series Active Tourer could improve, there are few. The driver's left leg and chest didn't get good scores in the front offset crash test. Other than that the 2-Series Active Tourer did really well.

Check out the video below for full crash test results.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 07:45 PM

I have seen a number of frontal crash tests and out of all, i never would have expected the 2 series to look to be one of the best i have seen so far, which makes me happy that it's one of the cars i'm planning to get.
obert likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 01:03 AM

Wow, That is good news for BMW car lovers. Because it is most important for every car buyer. The most of Indian luxury SUV cars is also getting 5 Star Safety Rating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWL View Post
I have seen a number of frontal crash tests and out of all, i never would have expected the 2 series to look to be one of the best i have seen so far, which makes me happy that it's one of the cars i'm planning to get.
I think that is so important and nice work. I hope to compare to other SUV cars Indian SUV is much better and safer.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 01:33 AM

I think This model also received good results for children protection.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:19 PM

Now I just wish this would make it's way stateside as it would fit nicely within the CUV and compact crossover segments here.

Also came across a good UK review on it here:
New car review: BMW 2 Series Active Tourer | Brentwood Gazette

"don't you know bad boys move in silence"

~ Daily Driver: BMW 328is
~ Future 2 Series owner
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_Power View Post
Now I just wish this would make it's way stateside as it would fit nicely within the CUV and compact crossover segments here.

Also came across a good UK review on it here:
New car review: BMW 2 Series Active Tourer | Brentwood Gazette
my guess is BMW is waiting for the right opportunity to make it available since it can slot in nicely at a time where getting much higher MPG's is needed. Its 1.5T is impressive...

Quote:
The 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine that many customers will inevitably gravitate to makes some extremely good numbers, recording 57.6mpg
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:48 AM

Wow, So amzing the BMW’s first front-wheel drive production car did so well, scoring five stars overall safety, That is really good news for BMW lovers, Its top featured SUV cars is also integrated with world best safety features.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW 2 Series Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in