BMW 1 Series M Coupe Successor Coming: CEO Says - BMW 2 Series Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Editorial Content

(Thread Starter)
BMW 1 Series M Coupe Successor Coming: CEO Says

Itís hard to imagine anyone mildly interested in cars forgetting the 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe, and its even harder not to feel disappointed that it was only sold for one year.

Despite the its limited sale, there is still a good chance that something is coming to replace the well-loved coupe. During a recent interview with BMWBlog, M brand CEO Friedrich Nitschke said he is ďabsolutely sure [BMW] will build a successor,Ē although the brand hasnít made an official decision yet.

His view on the carís chances at a second life come directly from how successful the M135i has been in Europe despite not being offered in North America.

If the car were brought back, it would sell under the brandís new 2 Series nameplate, which will replace the current rear-wheel drive 1 Series cars. The 1 Series will, however, remain intact as a front-wheel drive product line, sharing underpinnings with MINI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM

I'm glad they made this official. I don't think it will be too hard to picture what the 2M Coupe will look like, usually M Packages aren't too far off from each other. I can sort of see the 2M in this 1M, just gotta picture it with smaller and sleeker looking headlights with a longer body with a lower roof line and you have your 2M!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 07:06 AM

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } It is powered by the 335 Hp twin turbo engine. I think the M interior betries are high-end aspirations. Overall BMW offers a full convenience package that is attached with nav system and park distance control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 01:11 AM

This car should make its public debut at the 2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW 2 Series Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in