If these simple rules cannot be followed your thread/post will be deleted without notification.
2series For Sale Forum Rules
Any FS/FT thread that is created is required to be reviewed by a Moderator prior to being visible to the users. This is to cut down on the amount of threads we are required to delete for rules violations.
Please do not include your phone number or email in your thread.
Start your post with the appropriate Subject Prefix in the subject field to verify what your sale thread is about…
FS: For Sale
WTB: Wanted to Buy
FT: For Trade Only
NIB: New in Box
Examples of a good sale post's subject:
FS: Graphite 17" Wheels, slightly used
WTB: New or used APEXi SAFC
FT: AEM SRI for 06+ Si (NIB)
Please be as descriptive as possible in your sale posts. Price MUST be included in all for sale threads
. If you're selling your BMW you must also include the VIN
ALL threads in the For Sale section must include at least one accurate picture of good quality of the item(s) for each sale or trade.
The picture must also include a legible sign with the following information:
- Your User Name
- Today's Date
DO NOT post in a for sale thread unless you are interested in purchasing the item, or it is your for sale thread. This includes bumping and low balling. The For Sale area is not for whoring.
If we witness evidence of a users spamming replies and posts just to get their post count up, they will be banned.
The OP (and only the OP) is allowed 2 bumps per day
- Photo(s) must be included at initial time of posting. No, "I'll post a picture later" excuses
- Must be separate and actually on a piece of paper. No photoshop or paint text allowed on top of your picture.
- When a member is selling several items or multiple items, like wheels or anything that goes in sets, pictures must be taken with each individual item by itself showing any damage.
- Each and every part/cable/component that comes with it is required to be in the photo(s). This includes all items. NO EXCEPTION'S!
. Again, the For Sale area is not for whoring.
No COMMERCIAL posting allowed!
- The Sale Forums are for 2series.org owners and enthusiasts to trade and sell parts among each other. All commercial posts will be deleted and user is subject to account ban! The Sale forums are not for businesses to advertise or unload goods. If you post more than one of the same item for sale that is considered selling for profit and will not be permitted here. Any company interested in advertising their goods and services at 2series should go through the proper channels to do so. And, please don't sell items that are not yours. (Example: "I'm selling this for a friend of mine").
Also, you are NOT allowed to buy multiples of one item. Once you have a seller for your item, your thread will be closed. If you are requesting multiples of one item, it is apparent you are not using it for your car. Again, the F/S and WTB section is to search for parts for your car or to sell parts for your car. Nothing more, nothing less.
2series Parts, Accessories, Etc. ONLY
- Items must be specifically usable on the 2series Models. Only 2series models can be sold here. Mobile audio/video and radar detectors are ok. Game systems and laptop computers are NOT acceptable. No selling your Spider-Man comics or Barbie collection.
Testing Waters (TW) Threads are not allowed
- Group Buys are considered commercial as well and ARE NOT allowed in Sale Forums, or any other area of the site.
Post Your Price, NO Auction Type Sales! No 'Best Offer' Sales!
- Running your sale like an auction is not acceptable in the Sale Forums. We find this to be a highly dishonest form of selling. There is nothing stopping the seller from telling one member he/she got a higher offer through Private Messaging or Email, when they really didn't. So in short, you must list sale prices in your sale post! No further explanation needed. If you post an auction type sale, it will be removed and you will be flagged with a warning to your account.
No eBay/Craigslist Links To Stuff You're Selling
- If you are selling something on eBay/Craigslist, etc... fine. You don't need to post it here.
Rules put in place by the seller
- You must have all the guidelines that pertain to the sale outlined in the first post when the thread is opened. Yet again, this is to protect both the buyer and seller from ending up in a situation that is detrimental to both parties. Changing the rules of the sale after the thread has been started will lead to an immediate thread closure. No questions asked
No Public Bid-Wars or Price Bashing!
- Show common courtesy to the person that is selling their item. Do not reply to their post in a negative manner, with "I will sell anyone the same spoiler for $20.00 or less!". If you can offer it cheaper, start your own sale post. Don't encroach on another members sale post. That is thread jacking and is a warnable offense.
"Low Balling" in the Marketplace is not allowed.
- This includes comments on price, where to get it cheaper, or any inflammatory remarks.
- Due to complications stemming from past transactions we will not
allow any transactions involving making payments, or deposits to hold an item from here on out. This is not only to protect the buyers from losing their hard-earned money in a sale gone awry, but also to protect the sellers from entering an agreement that could lead to more trouble than you possibly could’ve considered.
If you are the seller - You must post a fixed price, and prepare to absorb the PayPal fees associated with accepting money through their site. You cannot add an additional % fee for accepting PayPal per their terms of service, and breaking this can result in your PayPal account being closed. Also cannot require it be paid as "gift".
We thank you all for your cooperation. Keeping this forum clean will make for a better experience for everyone.
2series.org/moderators/admin are in no way responsible for any transaction that takes place through this site.