BMW M2 vs Used M3? - BMW 2 Series Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
BMW M2 vs Used M3?

Here's a question a lot of buyers will probably ask when the M2 comes around. Is it better to buy a used M3 instead of a new M2? Especially with the 3 Series on the way out to make room for the 4 Series. I feel the M3 will be highly coveted car, even more so than it is now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Good question a brand new M2 and used BMW M3 are going to be around the same price. Getting either car depends on what you want. Using gas mileage as one example, the M2 would probably get about 10 MPG's more when compared to the M3, maybe even more.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 PM

There are too many factors to consider here. I mean the most current M3 we are talking about right, It's an amazing vehicle for performance I don't think the M2 could really compare in that respect but if you factor in whats more up to date and the demand for maybe a little more space and over exterior look, who knows. The M2 looks great right now but if I really had to pic I'd still go for the M3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status2s View Post
There are too many factors to consider here. I mean the most current M3 we are talking about right, It's an amazing vehicle for performance I don't think the M2 could really compare in that respect but if you factor in whats more up to date and the demand for maybe a little more space and over exterior look, who knows. The M2 looks great right now but if I really had to pic I'd still go for the M3.
So true.

I like to think that we're better off discussing used BMW 1 series models over the brand new 2 series models...

in this case theres many more things to consider since the 2 series is the 1 series successor.

Jumping into the 3 series and M3 is just a whole different ball game.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Yeah comparing the new 2 series to the current 3 series is a little far fetched. The M3 is not so dated so consumers of course would pick the M3 over the lesser class 2 series for the same price regardless of it being a new car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW 2 Series Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in