Design Comparison Thread: BMW 235i vs Mercedes CLA250 - BMW 2 Series Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Design Comparison Thread: BMW 235i vs Mercedes CLA250

What do you guys think about the two designs? These cars are competing directly with eachother. Although there aren't any pictures of the 2series gran coupe (which would be better for this comparison), the revealed 235i is the best it gets for now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM

Just like the 135 I don't like big headlights, prefer sleeker headlights and BMW just did a better job with front end design in this segment. when it comes to rear end design....CLA wins by far.

would be awesome of the CLA got a headlight setup similar to the eclass, these lights...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM

thanks for taking the time to compare both the exterior looks of the CLA and 2 series. The angles of the comparison are dead on. I have to say it's a tough call but the bmw fanatic just tells me to stay away from the CLA. The CLA looks good too but it will be tough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWL View Post
Just like the 135 I don't like big headlights, prefer sleeker headlights and BMW just did a better job with front end design in this segment. when it comes to rear end design....CLA wins by far.

would be awesome of the CLA got a headlight setup similar to the eclass, these lights...
That is the E-Class if I am not mistaken. Those lights are exclusive and is a signature for the E-Class as much as we would wish the CLA would sport similar headlights I don't think it will happen. Someone should do a photoshop of the CLA with the E-CLass lights
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 12:39 PM

Both very sexy designs but both very different cars. The regular CLA 250 is FWD.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
The regular CLA 250 is FWD.
Thats the problem.

And the only other drivetrain they have is the 4matic. So for those who would like the handling of a rear wheel drive will most likely jump ship to the 2 series.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 01:01 PM

Both the CLA and 2 series look good in their own ways. If they were debranded of their badges you can still tell which on is bmw and mercedes. They both hold their own styling close.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 PM

I'm definitely a fan of the smoother lines of the BMW as compared to the sharp lines of the Mercedes. The Mercedes almost looks like it was pinched in certain points. I also agree with JamesWL that Mercedes did a much better job of the rear design. The tail lights have a really cool shape and nicely compliment the trunk. Overall I'd have to go with BMW.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM

Both the CLA and 2 series I have noticed have a lot of curves and cuts to them I would say they are equally as good looking. Most likely people would have to pick considering their brand of choice.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 PM

The CLA looks more round compared to the 2 series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW 2 Series Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in